Covid 19 – December Updates
Dear Parent / Guardian
The Board of Management and Staff of the school wish to extend our thanks to you for your adherence to the measures in place for your child’s safety in the school.
Our preparations for Christmas are well under way and we will be celebrating in line with Covid -19 restrictions. Indoor events will be confined to each bubble and whole school events will be outdoors and follow distancing guidelines.
We take this opportunity to remind you of the following
- The school endeavours to keep rooms warm and ventilated. The school ensures all windows and doors are opened while pupils are on break and facilitates a constant airflow and ventilation in classrooms in line with Public Health advice.
We encourage all pupils to wear an extra layer of clothing under their uniform and bring a warm coat with a hood to school each day.
- All pupils should wash their hands before leaving home .
They then sanitise while in the line or at entry points to the school each morning.
- If you or your child has Covid symptoms please contact your GP for advice .
In line with Attendance policy , please contact the school to advise if your child will be absent.
Our Parents , Guardians and Staff
- From Friday, 27 November 2020, the Government has recommended that you also wear a face covering in crowded workplaces, places of worship and in busy or crowded outdoor spaces where a lot of people gather together.
- As a holiday period approaches, details of travel restrictions in to Ireland are updated regularly on www.dfa.ie . It is important for the health of the School Community that the advice is followed.
- Collections :
- Please send a note via App or Email to School if your child is being collected early. Once you arrive at the gate of the school please ring reception and your child will be brought to the gate. You will be asked to sanitise and sign out your child.
- Permission to collect : The school will only allow those listed on the “Permission Form” to collect your daughter. Please ensure it is up to date.
Christmas is coming
We look forward to a safe and enjoyable month of December in preparation for our Christmas holidays. Though it will not be possible to have cards or gifts exchanged between pupils , run Christmas Pageants or go Carol Singing in our local area , the bubbles across the school will organise safe and enjoyable activities to celebrate the season.
Is mise le meas
Liz Horgan, Principal