Day to Day in Sunday’s Well Girls’
SCHOOL OPENING AND CLOSING
Gates Open : 8:30
Classes start : 8:50
First Break 11:00 – 11:10 Lunch Break 12:50 – 13:10
Going Home : Junior & Senior Infants : 13:30 First – Sixth Class : 14:30
You will be notified in advance of all school holidays and days off.
The school adheres to the Department of Education standardised year.
The School runs an Afterschool Club Monday to Thursday – Please contact the Office for further details.
• To ensure the safety of the children and the security of the school premises, all visitors must report to the office on entering the school.
• A child can only be collected by calling to the secretary’s office
• Once a child enters the school premises he/she cannot leave without permission
• If a child has to be collected early/unexpectedly then the adult collecting her must sign the child out at the school office.
ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICINE
In the event of illness or an accident, minimum first aid is administered and parents/guardians are informed when collecting the child. In the event of a serious accident/illness, the parents will be informed, and if necessary the child will be brought to hospital.
Reference : Health & Safety Statement, First Aid Statement, Administration of Medicine Policy
Children with a long-term medical condition will be accommodated in order that they continue with their education.
Parents/Guardians must seek permission in writing, from the Board of Management on an annual basis.
- Navy Pinafore , Navy CRESTED V-neck jumper, Red & White Striped Shirt (Navy Pants can also be worn)
- Red or Navy Socks or Tights
- Tracksuit – Set with crested jumper and RED Polo shirt
- A Crested Red Jacket is also available , but not compulsory
The school uniform is available to buy in Buckleys , Shandon Street.
Copies of all the school’s policies are available on request at the office .
Relevant policies are also available on this website.
Under the Education Welfare Act 2002 the school is obliged to inform the Education Welfare officer of all absences exceeding 20 days during the academic year. Parents must inform the school in writing the reason for their child’s absence from school. Full attendance will be rewarded with a certificate.
PUPILS LEAVING SCHOOL DURING SCHOOL TIME
Parents/Guardians who wish to collect their daughter early from school must first sign their daughter out from the office.
Under Health & Safety regulations please inform the school immediately if your child contracts any infectious illness (including head lice).
All children play in assigned play areas , in fresh air, where weather permits during break times.